A Community Funding information evening will take place in Carrick-on-Shannon to inform community groups of grants available to develop projects. Leitrim County Council will host the events at 7pm in the Bush Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon on Wednesday 20th March.
The funding information evening will provide information to community groups who are developing projects in their town or village. Funding is available for the capital costs of a broad selection of town renewal projects including enhancement works, refurbishment of community amenities, or the development of enterprise space or outdoor recreation.
Leitrim County Council will provide an overview of the following funding programmes from the Department of Rural and Community Development:
· CLAR Programme
· Outdoor Rural Recreation Infrastructure Scheme
· Community Enhancement Programme
· Town and Village Renewal Scheme
· Rural Regeneration and Development Fund
Many of these funding programmes are due to be announced this month so this information is timely to help groups prepare their applications. This information evening will help identify which of the programmes will be most suitable for a particular project.
The requirements of the programmes will be outlined, including the match funding contribution, the competitive application process and the need for projects to demonstrate clear positive economic impacts.
Projects which demonstrate the following would be considered eligible:
· Projects that support entrepreneurship (e.g. development of enterprise space)
· Development of enterprise initiatives (e.g. development of craft or food hubs)
· Town centre enhancement in collaboration with local businesses
· Targeted infrastructural works to improve town centres
· Tourism initiatives – (e.g. enhancement of heritage assets)
· Conducting a Town or Village Health Check-(e.g. development of a Masterplan for a derelict site)
Leitrim Development Company will present on the LEADER programme which provides funding for community projects including capital works, training or social enterprise development.
Tracey Ferguson, Resource Officer with the Leitrim PPN will present on the supports available from the Public Participation Network.
The presentations will be followed by informal one-to-one discussions with Leitrim County Council staff who can advise on potential projects.