Individual Artist Bursary Programme 2016
The Individual Artists Bursary programme is designed to support the development of Leitrim based professional artists from any arts discipline through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as -
· Costs relating to the production of new work - development of new work for exhibition, publication or presentation; purchase of equipment or consumables.
· Costs relating to improving your knowledge - research or short-term courses; participation in conventional part-time or full-time education where other sources of public funding are unavailable.
· Costs relating to improving your capacity – such as website development, documentation etc.
· Mentoring - Where an artist has identified particular gaps in their knowledge and expertise and the support of a leading professional will help them make the next steps in their development.
· Other - or any purpose that contributes to the removal of existing barriers to an artist’s development.
Requirements and notes:
· The programme is open to professional artists* ordinarily basing their practice in County Leitrim.
· The activity for which the artist wishes to apply must be completed before 31 December 2016.
· Completed application forms must be accompanied by artists C.V. images/recordings etc. of previous work and details/supplementary information about the subject of the application.
· Information submitted will only be returned if a stamped addressed envelope is submitted along with the application. If an SAE is not supplied, it is presumed that return of the information supplied is not required.
· Applicants must be registered on the new Creative Frame network. (see www.creativeframe.eu)
Applications are assessed by an independent external expert panel using the following criteria –
· Track record of artist (or potential for an emerging artist)
· Proven commitment to high quality arts practice
· Likely benefit of activity on artist’s practice
· In the case of courses, mentoring, services etc. – the quality and excellence of those activities, mentors, companies or services.
· In the case of theatre companies/orchestras etc. producing the work of the applicant. – the quality and excellence of those companies and their ability to present that work to new audiences.
The value of the awards rises to a maximum of €2,000. While there is no fixed number of awards, there is generally a larger number of lesser value bursaries and a small number of maximum value ones. The quantity and value of bursaries will depend on available resources, number of applicants and the quality of applications.
Completed forms must be marked ‘ARTISTS BURSARIES’ and returned before 4pm on Friday 20th November 2015 to Leitrim County Council Arts Office, Aras an Chontae, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim.
* A professional artist can be defined as someone for whom their artform is their whole-time occupation or who holds a third level qualification in their field of practice or has been paid and advertised as a solo or leading performer/exhibitor in a state funded institution or has been published or produced by a recognised publisher or theatre/film company or venue or is recognised as a professional by his/her peers and received recognition in the form of commendations, rewards, awards, grants, appointments to panels, etc.
Download the application form here 2016 Individual artist bursary application form
For further information contact - www.leitrimarts.ie; email@example.com; 071 96 21694.